Skip to main content

Doubt by C. E. Tobisman

Brief synopsis (no spoilers)
Caroline Auden has a past, and has experience in the tech world. But she's working to reinvent herself as a lawyer. 

Category

Legal fiction

Why I chose this book

Kindle First

My personal opinion (the review)

The story line started great. It had a captivating story line, and great depth to the characters. There had been just a couple of bad words in the first third of the book, but nothing major. But as soon as artist Henrik Stengaard enters the story, I exited. This could have been a great book, but I will not recommend it.

Warnings

Language: Starts out fine, but degrades suddenly
Violence: Nothing graphic
"Adult" situations: None, for the first third
Death: Opening scene

Movie rating equivalent

R, for language

Protagonist description

Caroline is haunted by her past, so she's motivated to change it

Point of view of story

Third, focused on Caroline

Book length

Medium

Story flow

Fine

Grammar and spelling issues

None

Character connection (no spoilers)

None

Comments